Breast Augmentation Orlando
Breast augmentation is the surgical placement of breast implants to increase fullness of the breasts or to improve symmetry of the breasts. It is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries in the United States: in 2012, over 286,000 women opted to have breast augmentation surgery.
Women undergo Orlando breast augmentation for many reasons, including balancing breast size or compensating for reduced breast mass after pregnancy or surgery. What some people don’t realize is that breast augmentations don’t always make breasts larger. Sometimes the goal is to help restore balance and proportion to a woman’s figure.
If you’re interested in exploring breast augmentation, discussing it with a plastic surgeon can help you determine your goals and suitability for the procedure. You’ll likely discuss some, if not all, of these matters:
- Your medical history
- Your preferred breast size
- The material of your implant (typically silicone gel or saline)
- Cost and financing options
- The type of incision and the size and placement of the resulting scar
- Where the implant will be placed in relation to your pectoral muscle
- What other procedures you might like to have performed at the same time (a breast lift, for example)
- The experience and board certification of your surgeon
- The length of the surgery
- What you can expect during recovery
- Possible complications
You will also be given a variety of information to ensure all of your questions are answered before the procedure.
Dr. George Pope can insert saline or silicone gel-filled breast implants to help you attain more voluminous, natural-looking breasts. To learn more about Orlando breast augmentation, schedule a consultation with Dr. Pope or at Orlando Plastic surgery Center.