Our youth is something that we value the most, but as we age, we slowly lose what we have. Through time, our skin tends to wrinkle or sag and our muscles become stiff and inflexible. These are problems associated with aging, and factors like: stress, occupation and genetics contribute to the problems. However, with modern technology and the growing concern over the maintenance of one’s health and youthfulness, there is a procedure that greatly remedies the problems caused by aging, and that is BOTOX injection.
BOTOX or onabotulinumtoxin A is injected into the skin to improve wrinkles and frown-lines and it can also be injected into the muscles to relieve stiffness and inflexibility.
Botox is used for the following reasons:
- To smoothen wrinkles of the face
- To make frown-lines disappear
- To relieve muscles stiffness at the fingers, wrists and elbows
- To alleviate neck pain and abnormality of head position caused by Cervical Dystonia
- To cure problems of the eye muscles like: blepharospasm or eye lid spasm and strabismus or cross-eyed.
- To keep individuals with migraine from having severe headaches that lasts 4 hours a day at about 15 or more times in a month
- To help treat severe underarm sweating or sever primary axillary hyperhidrosis for those who have used topical agents but proved to be ineffective
Upon consultation with us, we will perform a general assessment. We will take your medical history, and it is imperative that you enumerate all your allergies in food, medicine and others. Botox injection is not advisable if you have skin allergies at the site to be injected and if you have allergic reactions to other botulinum products like: Myobloc®, Dysport®, or Xeomin®. We must have a list of all the medication and vitamins that you take.
Risks for side effects are greater when you have muscle or nerve problems like: Myasthenia Gravis, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and Lambert-Eaton syndrome. Serious side effects include difficulty breathing and difficulty swallowing.
Before the procedure it is also important to inform us if you are pregnant or have plans to be pregnant, if you are breastfeeding or have plans to breastfeed and if you have had facial surgery or have plans to have surgery. Equally important, we need to know if your other problems like: abnormal facial change, raising your eyebrow, drooping eyelids and weakness on the muscles of the forehead.
The procedure is really quite simple. The doctor assesses the site to be injected, then he calculates the precise amount to be injected. After which he will clean the site of injection and start infusing the Botox slowly and cautiously.
After the procedure you can expect great results from the injection. Changes can be noticeable in a few days and you can resume your normal activities. It is important to note that whatever side effects you experience you must immediately call us or seek emergency medical attention. Examples of these side effects are:
- Muscles weakness leading to difficulty breathing, swallowing and speaking
- There is also the tendency of the toxin to spread away from the injection site and causing general muscle weakness, strength loss, difficulty speaking words clearly, hoarseness, change or loss of voice, drooping of eyelids, double vision blurred vision and loss of bladder control.
- Other side effects include: headache, neck pain, dry eyes, swelling of eyelids, decreased eyesight, fatigue, dry mouth and discomfort at injection site.
When use of BOTOX or BOTOX cosmetic causes some muscle weakness, you should refrain from operating machinery driving and other activities that require exertion.
If it is your desire to reduce wrinkles and frown-lines on your face, other procedures may be considered. since BOTOX treatment for these problems are temporary, you can opt for procedures that last longer like: face lift, eyelid lift, brow lift, and you could also consider nose lift.
If you are looking for the safest and most effective BOTOX procedure, then the Orlando Plastic Surgery Center is your best option. They specialize in procedures like BOTOX. With more than 20 years of experience in Plastic Surgery, your desired results are guaranteed. The practice is devoted to meeting the needs of their clients and producing the most desirable outcomes.
The Orlando Plastic Surgery Center also offers several other procedures like: face lift, eyelid lift, brow lift, and nose lift. For more information, please visit (http://www.orlandoplasticsurgerycenter.com/) to find out more about Orlando Plastic Surgery Center.