Do people comment that you look tired even after a full night’s sleep? Do you have trouble seeing clearly because your eyelids hang too low? If so, you may benefit from an Orlando eyelid lift (also known as blepharoplasty). Since your eyes are often the first thing that people notice, this minimally invasive procedure may have a profound effect on refreshing your face and improving your vision.
Blepharoplasty is most beneficial to patients who are experiencing problems with their upper and lower eyelids, including drooping eyelids, excess fatty deposits, or bags underneath the eyes. Once you’ve decided to invest in an eyelid lift, like every cosmetic procedure, you must take all the appropriate healing precautions to guarantee a full and safe recovery. Here are five ways you can ensure a full recovery:
- Have realistic expectations. This is most easily determined by having an honest conversation with your surgeon during the consultation.
- Follow your doctor’s orders exactly. This will ensure the best results; your surgeon should provide you with post-op instructions to take home.
- Get support or assistance. This can either be a family member or close friend, and you’ll need them for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Start your recovery process healthy. This can include everything from quitting smoking and abstaining from drinking to eating healthfully and getting enough sleep.
- Give your eyes sufficient downtime. If you don’t, it will extend the recovery process. Don’t watch TV, stare at tiny screens (including your tablet and smartphone) or put things in or near your eyes (such as, contact lenses or eye makeup) until your doctor tells you it is okay.
Blepharoplasty can help you look and see better. If you’re interested in undergoing an eyelid lift, contact Dr. George Pope and his team at Orlando Plastic Surgery Center.